Change your thoughts and your change your world.If you want to change your thoughts permanently - it's important to adjust your beliefs. Your beliefs are merely those things you hold to be true.
-Norman Vincent Peale
If you'd like to think positively it wouldn't serve you to hold the belief that you cannot be successful. If you'd like to create more abundance, it wouldn't serve you to hold the belief that there are limited resources in the Universe.
You can easily change your beliefs. It requires a little bit of work - particularly if your beliefs are long-standing. I call this technique belief massaging, because it doesn't force the belief shift - rather it's gentle.
- Pick an area of your life where you'd like to see some change. For example I will use finances. Let's say I'd like the Universe to be more prosperous for me.
- Identify any limiting beliefs you might hold. Ask yourself why things aren't or couldn't be the way you want. Write the strongest beliefs you hold down. For my example let's say that I believe that I can never get ahead.
- For each limiting belief - choose a counter-belief that is more empowering. I choose the belief that I can become financially free.
- Now, here comes the magic. Get a notebook that you will carry with you. On every other page write one of your new, empowering beliefs.
- Then, as you go about your days- write down every piece of evidence you come across that supports your new belief. Ignore anything to the contrary. Pay attention to how you feel as your new belief grows.
belief: I can be financially free
- Many other people have gone from rags to riches before me, so it is very possible.
- I know Jim who went from bankruptcy to owning a multimillion dollar business.
- I got a raise at work - so my income has not hit the ceiling
- I have many resources that I can use to generate income besides working.
- etc. etc. etc.