Thursday, December 14, 2006

Save the Drama For Your Mama

From time to time many of us get caught up in our stories: "I lost all my money; I grew up in an abusive household; I have a disease." And while these things may seem true to you, the more we dwell on our "poor me" stories the worse things get. After all the Universe just gives you more of what you ask for with your dominant thoughts.

Why do we love this drama when it moves us away from what we truly want? Metaphysically we are each the embodiment of the Universe. The Universe creates a sense of ego in order to observe itself. Then, like a doctor pressing on parts of the body to find out what hurts, we create tension and resistance as a form of exploring our nature.

However, the ego likes to believe it's separate from the Universe. Nothing is separate from the Universe. We are an integral part.

Sometimes our stories become a launching board to a downward spiral away from the consciousness of our god-selves. They become false "becauses". I can't do that because I am not smart enough. I'll never be happy because my spouse left me. On, and on, and on.

There is no such thing as "I can't because." Very fat people have become healthy and in shape. Homeless penniless people have become millionaires. People with terminal diseases have gone into complete remission. If someone has done it at least once, then you know it is possible for you now.

Our stories and our drama do not serve us. they do not protect us from anything - they only prevent us from the realization of our unity. Snap out of it. If you find yourself lost in your drama, stop yourself right there. Find a positive focus, meditate, or reframe and shift your thinking.

Remember that the law of attraction states that like attracts like. If you are lost in negative thought - you attract more negativity to you. Shift to the positive any way you can, right now.